_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
lack of female military figures
willc453
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 55 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 02:24 PM UTC
Getting back into modeling after 15 years, but didn't want to start on aircraft/armor again. But zombies? Oh yeah, especially after seeing some dioramas posted on Google and YouTube.

When you think about it, there's NO manufacturer making even 1 set of women in combat gear. By set, I mean as in the number of a typical U.S. Army squad. Why? Do the manufacturers think all the photos of women in combat uniforms are actually models and what women are in the military must be sitting behind a desk somewhere?

Yeah, there's Black Dog and other resin companies making military female figures, but they're a bit high. Which is why I'm going to be making copies of the few females I have and from them, cut 'em apart so I can mix & match 'em for new/current women in the military.

Suggestions/comments welcomed.
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 02:48 PM UTC
Good point. We have more World War II females than modern and even they're really hard to come by.

I was thinking that with the bulk of modern combat gear a woman in full equipment would not look all that different from males. You could just make the bodies a bit shorter and use replacement heads with more feminine features.

We've all seen footage of a group of soldiers going by and the only way you can tell the female is the hair bun sticking out from under the helmet.
 _GOTOTOP