_GOTOBOTTOM
Tips & Tricks
Ask about and post about tips and tricks you use while modelling.
Vallejo chipping?
Thundergrunt
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 657 Posts
KitMaker Network: 75 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 09:34 AM UTC
Vallejo chipping medium.how long can it sit after application and top coat. I have to do a 3 tone camo on top. Please help or tips on how some of you have done. The vids I saw were just test pieces.
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 803 Posts
KitMaker Network: 132 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 05:47 PM UTC
Welcome to the world of AV paints and agents!! I am a relatively new convert to this line of paints and accessories and just recently did my FIRST ever use of the chipping medium. I let mine sit for a WEEK or more because I got sidetracked with real life things, and I still managed to get most of it off in the ways I wanted to. Required some fairly strong scrubbing and alot of water, but it didnt do anything to the undercoated paint and it looked pretty darn good from my perspective. I BELIEVE they recommend 24 hours of drying time, so if you were doing a 3 tone NATO, should be fine a day after the last coat goes on... but I would caution you that I know nothing about what 3 coats of paint will do over the chipping medium... I only put one coat over it. Best advice???? Step up to the plate and start swinging!!!
Das_Abteilung
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 365 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 06:09 AM UTC
What about using a layer of chipping medium between each paint colour coat? That way you might get the real effect of the top colour wearing through to the one underneath before the primer and bare metal are exposed. I'm waiting to try this on an Israeli Tiran repainted over Syrian camo, which was in turn applied over Russian green base.
 _GOTOTOP