_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Harder Steenbeck Infinity CRPlus 2-1 or Iwata
mcderek
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 15 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2017 - 11:42 PM UTC
I would like to step up in the airbrush world. I'm currently using a Iwata TRN2 which I like. It has a .5 nozzle so I will continue to use it for primer and base coats.

I'm looking for a 0.2 nozzle for fine, detail work. The Infinity CRPlus comes with a smaller 0.15. I can get it replaced with the 0.20 nozzle. Then I would have a 0.20, 0.40 and 0.50 in the quiver.

I looked at the Iwata Micron but they are considerably more expensive. Any other Iwata that compares with the Harder Steenbeck Infinity? Any other brand suggestions?

My primary modeling is in 1/72 scale and I use acrylics most of the time. My spray set up is in the family room so I keep the smell level real low!
PRH001
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 64 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 11:38 PM UTC
The Iwata HP-B Highline or B+ series are comparable to the Infinity you listed. They will have a feel and weight that is comparable to your current airbrush. The Infinity will feel somewhat lighter and is easier to clean if you break down your brush frequently. The Iwatas will spray just as well with the .2 tips as the Infinity will. Either manufacture's brush will perform superbly. I have both types and can use them interchangeably. Proper thinning is a must for either brush.

Microns are a step up from the Infinity in my opinion. They atomize correctly thinned paint extremely well at very low pressures and are incredible tools. They are also very expensive to take care of should you damage a tip or a needle. Hope this helps...

Paul H
 _GOTOTOP