Hosted by Matt Leese
Advice about compressor + ab
blacklupos
Visit this Community
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
entire network: 10 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 03:00 AM UTC
Hello, I'm new to the all area of Airbrush and compressors, and, after some research I found this airbrush plus a compressor that looks decent and inexpensive, and looks like it has some nice ratings.

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Airbrush-Airbrushing-System-Compressor/dp/B00NQBKKNW

What's your thoughts about it? In general my budget is up to 80$. Thanks
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 803 Posts
KitMaker Network: 132 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 03:18 AM UTC
master makes another compressor, with an air holding tank... I have it and I SWEAR by it.... I would reccomend spending a little extra and getting the compressor with the tank...
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 1,517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 03:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

master makes another compressor, with an air holding tank... I have it and I SWEAR by it.... I would reccomend spending a little extra and getting the compressor with the tank...

I quote me to,save little bit more and buy one of the 2 version with tank,the compressor last longer because is not always running,i have a similar one and is awesome.

https://www.amazon.com/AIRBRUSH-COMPRESSOR-Airbrush-Published-Exclusively/dp/B001738DXU/ref=sr_1_19?m=A23ADOZFIJNPFB&s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1482963129&sr=1-19

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Airbrush-Model-TC-40T-Single-Piston/dp/B00WBT7PTW/ref=sr_1_41?m=A23ADOZFIJNPFB&s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1482963792&sr=1-41

for the AB i am very skeptical about these Chinese IWATA copies, either in quality and for the after sales customer service,you can buy a pretty cheap Badger 105 Patriot for around 60-70$ is a really good AB for beginners,easy to clean,parts is cheap and easy to find,good quality and you can buy 3 different conversion set-up Super-Detail 0.3,Ditail (standard) 0.5 and General works 0.7,and the best part is Badger costomer service the best on the market.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Darts-crafts&field-keywords=badger+105+patriot&rh=n%3A2617941011%2Ck%3Abadger+105+patriot

you just need the adapter for your hose...

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Airbrush-Fitting-Conversion-Adapter/dp/B0038NJYHG/ref=pd_sim_201_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PRH9XRP1MWQNY8RX2QKP

some time spend little bit more save in headake and money in future
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 12:25 PM UTC
I've owned a bunch of airbrushes over the years (more than 20 since I started using them in the mid 60's) and I've got several compressors-- one is a Chinese knock-off, with a tank, and it's not too bad-- but you should remember the old saying "you get what you pay for" when buying an airbrush. Even at Amazon, $79 is really too good to be true for a combo like this. I recommend you take your hard earned dollars and put them towards a high quality double action airbrush and learn how to use it. As others have said,you can get away with a cheaper tank compressor-- it's only pushing air, whereas the brush is the finely tuned business end. Iwata, Badger, Peak, Paasche brands are known for thier quality, and more importantly thier customer support. I've also had some experience with cheap Chinese airbrushes while I worked in a LHS-- poor fittings, coarse engineering and soft base metals found in most of the inexpensive Chinese brushes became turn-offs for new customers who really thought they were getting a deal-- but then tried to paint with these low quality brushes. These new customers frequently thought they were the reason the brush did a lousy job, until they tried a more expensive brand name brush. I guess it's like this-- which would you rather drive, a finely tuned Porsche or an oil burning Trabant?
VR, Russ
blacklupos
Visit this Community
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
entire network: 10 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 05:47 PM UTC
Thank you guys for the quick response
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberDirector of Member Services
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 6,693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,042 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 06:12 PM UTC
another two cents adding to what has been said/written above:

Priority number one: Get a compressor with a tank and a pressure controlled switch, the compressor will shut itself off when there is enough pressure in the tank and start again when the pressure drops too low. Without a tank you can get a pulsing air flow and even a high quality air-brush can't make that problem disappear, you can get blobs of paint instead of fine lines.

Priority number two: Good quality air-brush, ask around, Badger has been mentioned (double action) and they will do nicely until you have learned a lot and want something more advanced.

Priority number three: A silent compressor. The noisy ones make a lot of noise and this will get irritating in the long run (unless you can hide it in the garage or something), think really noisy vacuum cleaner and then double it. The silent ones make about as much noise as a refrigerator.
A large tank will compensate for the noise, run the motor to fill the tank and then shut it off and enjoy almost complete silence, if the motor starts suddenly right by your side it may scare you into dropping your model on the floor

/ Robin
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 1,517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 03:25 AM UTC
all the little compressor With or W/o tank like the one's we post are very quiet,i see a video ,now i dont find any more, a guy explains how to avoid the pulse in the compressors w/o tank,with 15cm of soft rubber hose like the one used for fish tank after the pressur control switch,the soft hose absorbe the compressor pulse and in the video seems work pretty well
 _GOTOTOP