History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
Pearl Harbor Day
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,980 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 12:52 AM UTC
Never forget.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 08:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Never forget.

I'm shocked that no one commented on a day that changed the world forever. Few events in history have had as much impact that this single event did. When those first bombs and torpedoes hit, they set in motion an irreversible momentum that changed the world from the old order to a new age. This event involved the entire world in a conflict that would end in polarization of the world into two main protagonist economic structures for the next fifty years, only to be followed by a vacuum of global instability. Indeed we feel the echo of this event today. Not many historical events have had that sort of impact on so many humans. May we never forget, and say never again, but we already seem to have done so.
VR, Russ
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 06:56 PM UTC
Almost nothing on TV as well. My neighbor's brother is a Pearl Harbor survivor who served out the rest of the war on CA-25, USS Salt Lake City. He has a hard time communicating but can still describe some detail about the day. I did read that there are fewer than 200 survivors left. My neighbor is the only WWII survivor left in the neighborhood.

Maybe if a Kardashian had done something to note the day it would have been all over the news. At least they haven't started making it a sales day.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 08:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Almost nothing on TV as well. My neighbor's brother is a Pearl Harbor survivor who served out the rest of the war on CA-25, USS Salt Lake City. He has a hard time communicating but can still describe some detail about the day. I did read that there are fewer than 200 survivors left. My neighbor is the only WWII survivor left in the neighborhood.

Maybe if a Kardashian had done something to note the day it would have been all over the news. At least they haven't started making it a sales day.

That's the problem with the world today, we forget what's really important and where we came from for a moment of self indulgence. By the way, I see Lady Gaga has PTSD from a stage fall now-- how did those Pearl Harbor Survivors cope with it all those years ago?
VR, Russ