_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Could a kettenrad pull a Pak 40 gun?
darthpanzer
Visit this Community
Puerto Rico
entire network: 38 Posts
KitMaker Network: 20 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2016 - 08:20 PM UTC
Hi. Does anyone has seen a picture of a kettenrad bike pulling a Pak 40 gun? I know they were used to move around Me 262 fighters and they were much heavier. I have the Dragon Pak 40 gun with crew and I was planning of place it in a church ruin with a tamiya kettenrad outside. Any help is welcome.
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 4,648 Posts
KitMaker Network: 189 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2016 - 11:21 PM UTC
Hi Kevin,
Physically, it could, but I doubt that it would have. The PaK and it's crew would need a usefully sized vehicle capable of carrying both crew and equipment and be able to tow the gun.

Maybe when they were taken from the factory floor to the despatch yard for pick- up.

Best wishes,

Gaz
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2016 - 11:53 PM UTC
It might, but not fast or far. And it wasn't the normal tractor for AT guns, so it would be a fluke if a Krad was handy when a PaK needed shifting. But if it's an emergency and one is on hand then needs must...
darthpanzer
Visit this Community
Puerto Rico
entire network: 38 Posts
KitMaker Network: 20 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 01:00 AM UTC
[quote]It might, but not fast or far. And it wasn't the normal tractor for AT guns, so it would be a fluke if a Krad was handy when a PaK needed shifting. But if it's an emergency and one is on hand then needs must..

That is what I thought . in the late war days they probably used anything that would help them move those guns. But all things considered I guess I will be using a half track. But the base will have to be expanded. Is small. That is why i wanted yo use the kettenrad . thanks for the advice
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 01:15 AM UTC
What if the Kettenrad was hauling ammo to the Pak?
 _GOTOTOP