_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling Questions?
Ask your modeling related questions here.
Help with tow cables
MatthewB88
Visit this Community
West Virginia, United States
entire network: 40 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 11:07 PM UTC
I know this may seem like an elementary question, but I really need help figuring out what I should do. I am currently building cyber hobby's black knight king tiger and I've completed most of the major components. I just don't know whether I should apply the metal tow cables with PE clasps before or after I apply the overall paint. Ive applied the tools after paint in the past, but I've always struggled with how to paint,weather, and apply these cables.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 11:27 PM UTC
It's a matter of choice.I prefer to add my cables and tools for that matter,then I spray everything with the base and camo coat,then I carefully handpaint the cables.I slide a post-it underneath them to prevent goofs.I would paint them a steel color,I use MM Gunmetal and add a touch of rust wash,not much.You can check out my results in my gallery pictures.
MatthewB88
Visit this Community
West Virginia, United States
entire network: 40 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2016 - 12:49 AM UTC
Thank you. That's the approach I believe I'm going to take. Your photos helped reinforce the decision. Your stug and Michael Wittman tiger are actually in my collection as well. Really wish I would've saved my 007 tiger for when I was more experienced. Yours is badass. I appreciate the feedback.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 28, 2016 - 01:06 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments,glad to be of help.
 _GOTOTOP