_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Checking in from Laos
Seagoon
Visit this Community
Laos
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 04:41 PM UTC
I have been lurking around several modelling forums over the past 15-20 years but have just joined this one today. I am an Aussie expatriate living in Laos. I am a geologist going through what I call a "trial retirement" - I'd prefer to be working but since the end of the mining boom, opportunities are few and far between in the mineral exploration world. Not to worry, as it has been a welcome opportunity to take my first real break from work in more than 30 years! I model almost exclusively in 1/72 scale and like most, tend to focus on various "themes". These themes wax and wane and my current primary interest is aircraft (and some armour) that saw action in and over Laos during the Indochina wars (primarily the period 1953 - 1975). Other themes of interest are Aussie military & civil aircraft, USAAC/USAAF in the SWPA, aircraft of the "Battle of Britain", the USN "yellow wings" era and the RAF "silver wings" era. Cheers all.
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 2,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 05:02 PM UTC
Welcome, James!

russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 06:45 PM UTC
Welcome aboard, James. Sounds like you have a good interest area.
 _GOTOTOP