_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
INVENTORY SALE!
KenLawrence
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 09:58 PM UTC
Greetings,

We are having our first ever INVENTORY SALE for retail customers! 20-50% off. Items from Amusing Hobby, EBBRO, FREMS, KittyHawk, HK Models, Hong Model, Meng, Panda Hobby, Orochi, PCM, Rye Field Model, Takom, Tiger Model, Xact Scale. See at www.pacmodels.com

Thanks,

Ken & Mary Ellen Lawrence
Pacific Coast Models, Inc.
novaee04
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 110 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 10:40 PM UTC
I just looked and I cannot see anything on your website about discounted kits. Is there somewhere I should be looking?
mogdude
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 459 Posts
KitMaker Network: 264 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 01:33 AM UTC
Ditto
KenLawrence
Visit this Community
entire network: 123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 10:40 AM UTC
Greetings,

All the items on sale have the discounted prices shown. Since the prices are much lower than before, it should be evident. If not, please let us know which kits you are interested in.

Best Regards,

Ken Lawrence
PCM, Inc.
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 2,493 Posts
KitMaker Network: 147 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 05:22 PM UTC
Is it just me or is anybody else having issues seeing anything at all? I see no kits, no prices or anything. Only thing I see are pre orders, but when I click on those, it takes me to a main page with a list of manufactures.. But nothing once I click on those links?
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,402 Posts
KitMaker Network: 24 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2016 - 11:38 PM UTC
You have to go from page:

On the left, Online Catalog > MENG MODELS > ARMOR KITS 1:35

and so on for each brand. If the right window is blank, make sure you look back on the left to see if a new indented subcategory has opened up.

KL
gedmagpie
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 31 Posts
KitMaker Network: 26 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 04:58 AM UTC
Just repeat ad nauseum if you use an iPad or iPhone to access! May I respectfully request a sale category by scale on your website in future for a more user friendly experience. Including original and discount price also allows the consumer see how much they're saving.

Regards,

Gary Donaldson
Delbert
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 09:00 AM UTC
Hello..

I just wanted to say maybe its time to either update your website, or at least make it easier to navigate. The online catalog seems to be very user unfriendly.

I could go on and on but I don't want to start up anything so I'll leave it at that.

P.S. it would be easier to navigate if you indented the sub categories at least 3x more than they are..

Delbert
Thirian24
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 2,493 Posts
KitMaker Network: 147 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 06:47 PM UTC
Ken, I'd like to buy something from your site, but can you give me an ode on shipping to 73009?
youngtiger1
Visit this Community
entire network: 534 Posts
KitMaker Network: 77 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 - 12:59 AM UTC
I would echo what others have said about the price. If you could list the original price with your price and then discount price that would help customers like myself. Sprue brothers and Squadron to name a few that does that it shows me what is the discount right away before I even decide to purchase it. Food for the thought.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 - 03:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I would echo what others have said about the price. If you could list the original price with your price and then discount price that would help customers like myself. Sprue brothers and Squadron to name a few that does that it shows me what is the discount right away before I even decide to purchase it. Food for the thought.

Interesting. So, you don't determine if you will buy something based on what it actually costs, but rather on how much you perceive you are "saving". That explains a lot of what I've seen over the years. Thanks for the insight.

KL
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 - 08:30 PM UTC
Kurt I suppose you need to think of it is how much have I saved rather than how much have I paid.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 - 09:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Kurt I suppose you need to think of it is how much have I saved rather than how much have I paid.

That doesn't make any sense to me, especially in the context of the messages above. I can save TONS by buying a massively discounted garbage kit that can barely be given away, but I don't consider that a victory. I can also look at a list of sale items (or a shop's site, or a table at a show) and decide what I want to buy based on the asking price, regardless of what the MSRP was six months or six years ago.

In addition to questioning the actual benefit of classic marketing gimmicks like this I've always wondered about some of the discussions regarding kit prices, ebay, shop sales events, and MSRPs over the years. I never could believe that thoughtful people actually fell for the tricks or made a distinction between paying $1 or $15 shipping when the total cost in both cases was the same. Clearly some people have dramatically different views of whole cost/value relationship than I do.

KL
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,112 Posts
KitMaker Network: 126 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 - 11:57 PM UTC
I have to assume that these classic marketing gimmicks work for their originators, otherwise they wouldn't keep doing them. But then the same could be said of the email scammers who offer me the chance to receive a share of several MILLION DOLLARS (not sure why the caps) just for giving them my bank account details. Fortunately we are free to value our potential transactions on a more logical basis and therefore we can ignore them if they don't represent value to us. Personally I have a running list which I amend over time and use that as a guide for what I buy and I have my own ideas of what something is worth which may bear no relation to MRSP.

Wait, just had an email from a chap in Nigeria with a great deal - he's a man of God, so clearly honest too....
youngtiger1
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 12:21 AM UTC
Kurt, I look at this way...I don't need any more kits, not right away. I have plenty of good stuff (not garbage) to keep me busy for many years. So, I don't jump on the bandwagon and go out purchase a new kit right away. Later, if I see an attractive price, and if the subject still intrigues me, then I'll buy it. As this hobby is no longer a necessity, so I can be picky and save $10 or $15 or more then I will do so. Just my 2 cents
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 04:57 AM UTC
Well, I will generally *look* at sale lists (and that's why I shop for second hand at model shows) but I don't *buy* unless the price is acceptable. I pass by many fantastic bargains at shows because I don't want a Hemi Under Glass funny car, Millennium Falcon, or USS Arizona regardless of how much of a discount there is off the MSRP.

KL
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 05:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Kurt, I look at this way...I don't need any more kits, not right away. I have plenty of good stuff (not garbage) to keep me busy for many years. So, I don't jump on the bandwagon and go out purchase a new kit right away. Later, if I see an attractive price, and if the subject still intrigues me, then I'll buy it. As this hobby is no longer a necessity, so I can be picky and save $10 or $15 or more then I will do so. Just my 2 cents

That's pretty much what I do, and I think you'll agree that you don't need to know what the MSRP was make your decision, you just ask yourself "Is that worth $x to me?" If not, you keep walkin'.

KL
Kraftstoff
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 93 Posts
KitMaker Network: 18 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 05:56 AM UTC
Exactement!
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 07:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have to assume that these classic marketing gimmicks work for their originators, otherwise they wouldn't keep doing them.

I didn't say they didn't work, I said:

"I never could believe that thoughtful people actually fell for the tricks."

I'm sure you'll see the distinction.

KL
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,112 Posts
KitMaker Network: 126 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 12:38 PM UTC
Indeed I do. My point was that even if some of us don't, enough people do that the retailers find it worthwhile to continue the practice. Plenty of bargains are nothing of the sort but as Kahneman showed, we don't always process information rationally, particularly financial information.
youngtiger1
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That's pretty much what I do, and I think you'll agree that you don't need to know what the MSRP was make your decision, you just ask yourself "Is that worth $x to me?" If not, you keep walkin'.

KL

You are correct and I suppose I don't need the MSRP but it just feels good to see how much of a discount I am receiving on an item. An example for ya, i did not jump on the wagon when Trumpeter introduced their 1/32 F-117 but couple off years back I saw the same kit on sale $56 at an online store and I could not click the add to cart button fast enough. Cheapest I've seen this kit is at $109. So, at times it nice to be able to see the asking price and discount price together. It has tendency to create itchy fingers for us modelers...
 _GOTOTOP