_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Tamiya glue bottle/cap stuck?
Shalta
Visit this Community
Guangxi, China / 简体
entire network: 165 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 07:07 PM UTC
This is a rather stupid question, but I couldnt find any prior topic with it...
I bought a bottle of 'normal' Tamiya glue a few months ago, it took me untill the start of this month to use it, but due to frustrating circumstances (Merkava ball and chain armor + younger sister...) I havent been working on anything since.
But, today, I finally thought of a way to fix said issue without just ordering replacement parts (cutting up the "open" stowage bin), but now my glue wont open... Is the cap glued on, or am I just not putting enough pressure on it? And is there any way to fix that? The extra-thin glue I had still opens perfectly fine.
Thanks in advance.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 08:08 PM UTC
The cap is stuck due to excess glue buildup. Get a pair of pliers and grab hold of the cap and twist it loose. It happens all the time for me w/Testors Model Master enamel paints. I always have a pair of pliers sitting next to the desk in my tool rack just for this purpose.
Shalta
Visit this Community
Guangxi, China / 简体
entire network: 165 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 10:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The cap is stuck due to excess glue buildup. Get a pair of pliers and grab hold of the cap and twist it loose. It happens all the time for me w/Testors Model Master enamel paints. I always have a pair of pliers sitting next to the desk in my tool rack just for this purpose.

Thanks, it worked.
First time working with bottled glue instead of tube, atleast it's not a mess when I'm back to using it!
 _GOTOTOP