_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Born again modeller!!
squisher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 20 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 03:44 AM UTC
Hi folks. Having made models as a skinny kid 40+years ago I've fairly recently started again but am now starting to use weathering etc. in ways I never even considered or didn't even know existed previously. My stash is growing at an alarming rate and I'm actually now getting the confidence to try new processes on models rather than practicing on card, after realizing that you get nowhere without trying and that I will learn from my mistakes. Are there any others out there in a similar position so we can share experiences as we go on?
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 04:39 AM UTC
Paul, welcome aboard. There are many of us here who started in the same spot you are in-coming back to the hobby and finding new techniques, better kits and all kinds of information and support online. There are many here who will answer questions, help you work through build processes and share what they have done. What kit are you going to start out with?
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 1,288 Posts
KitMaker Network: 337 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 12:51 PM UTC
Hi Paul,
That's the way! You can read books, internet forums and see videos but nothing replaces your direct experience.

Show your work here, ask for constructive comments and learn. We are all learning, no matter the level!
 _GOTOTOP