Post your parts needs here.
Wanter 1/144 Aircraft B 17 Parts
new2this
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 1 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 03:05 PM UTC
Hi all! I am new here and just getting back into building aircraft after a five decades away from this part of model building. I recently received a 1/48 Monogram B17 G as a gift and am starting on the build in the next few days. But my needs are for a much smaller 1/144 scale B 17 die cast that I just bought at a flea market along with a matching Avro Lancaster.

The B 17 is missing its landing gear and tail wheel and it has several broken propeller blades. I am wondering if anyone may have one of these models that has these parts and is damaged or missing other pieces that they wish to sell? Failing to find landing gear and a tail wheel, I can modify the little plane to appear to have the wheels retracted but the broken prop blades are another issue. I'm guessing that the blades from a plastic kit could be made to appear correct - anyone with any experience in fixing these sort of things is welcome to pass on any tips or knowledge.

The two planes were meant to be gifts for the friend who game me the much larger B 17 kit mentioned above but if I can not make a decent repair on them, I'll just keep them I guess. I knew about the prop blades when I bought the planes but I failed to turn the B17 over and had I done so and seen the landing gear gone, I'd never have bought them. Call it a blonde moment, a senior's moment or a poor choice - I'll know better next time. Thank you for taking the time to read my post and for any help or advice.

I was going to add a photo of the plane that I need the parts for but I do not see any "add photos" buttons.. I'll put it in my gallery.. thanks.
 _GOTOTOP