_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
surface shpping from HongKong to the US
SFModeller
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 154 Posts
KitMaker Network: 55 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 06:05 AM UTC
Hi. Has anyone ordered from Luckymodel with their $2 shipping cost by their international surface mail shipping. Luckymodel claims 25 to 40 days to ship to the US. Last time I ordered some paints from Hobbyeasy, also from HongKong and it took 3 months to arrive. Thank you.

Thanh.
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 568 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 07:13 AM UTC
I have done it twice on their $2 shipping, took about 6-8 weeks for delivery from Lucky. HobbyEasy is always slow, not sure why. Placed and order at both recently, Lucky order arrive in less then 2 weeks, order from HobbyEasy took over a month. And both were by Air, so I don't know why.

ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 03:57 PM UTC
I've done it twice. Once it was about a month to get here and the other time it was closer to 2 months. I'm making a GUESS, They probably ship using an export container and wait until it's full before loading on a boat. Then across the ocean to a port, off loaded, then shipped to a forwarding company, broken down and shipped to your door.
In my limited experiences I was pleased with the process. I saved a bunch of money and had a nice surprise waiting for me on my door step after a long day at work.
If you're in a hurry don't go this route. If not, it's a good deal.
HTH !
Tom
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 295 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 12:13 AM UTC
I am in Canada and I've used Lucky Model's $2 surface shipping deal twice. First shipment took 9 weeks and the second shipment took 10 weeks. I was able track both on the HK Postal Website. Some of the hold up was Canadian Customs and Canada Post. It took over a week for the parcel to be processed after arrival in town. Mind you I made those purchases near year end so it was a rather busy time.

Previous time when I used surface shipping during non peak season I recall it took just under 2 months.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 03:14 AM UTC
I order from Sincere Hobby using the cheapest slow boat shipping,it usually takes 2 months.I have only ordered kits that I don't need to have tomorrow,so it's no problem to wait,almost like a surprise when they finally arrive.
 _GOTOTOP