_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Microsol/Microset system.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 03:55 AM UTC
Basically how does this "Microsol/Microset" system work?
I have both now. Firstly I will spray the model (with zimmerit) with Johnssons.
Could somebody explain in what order I use both of these?
Does it need to dry after using first one, etc? Do I brush it onto the model or the decal?
How long normally would you let the decal dry afterwards before re-spraying/painting with Johnssons.
All help appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Pieter
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 141 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 04:33 PM UTC
I use just microsol for my decals. I coat the area with future let dry over night, after dried I place the decal on the area, with cotton bulb I press the excess water from under the decal. When finish I apply the microsol to the decal, I let mine setup for about 24 hours, if needed another application of sol. after another drying time I apply another coat of future. then after dry I weather as usual.

HTH
winchweight
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 513 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 09:25 PM UTC
Hi, I was clueless too. I use MicroSet on flat surfaces as it seems to get rid of edges etc. However, I use MicroSol on compound and complex curves and details. I put down a layer of Klear (Future), then when dry paint over with MicroSol. I then apply the decal and paint over it with MicroSol. It then wrinkles and looks awful, but take care its very fragile! Leave it alone if its in the right spot. Only if very, very necessary I coax it into shape a lillte with a brush wet with Sol. Allow to dry and repeat as necessary. Use a fine brush to get the Sol under edges and wrinkles, use it liberally. Eventually it will dry and the wrinkles vanish leaving an awesome result. Seal with Klear. Hope this helps :-)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2004 - 06:33 AM UTC
Cheers guys. This might give me the confidence to go ahead and try it!!
I read somewhere that both can be used to together to get "the" perfect result. Thats why I got both. These decals are going over zimmerit ... thats why I need to get as good as result as possible. Thanks a million!
propboy44256
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 04:34 AM UTC
The one response you get seems to be correct. Microset is for normal decal adhesion. Microsol actually sofften the decal for curved surface sticking. MIcrosol is powerfull stuff. It clouded my future coat when i used it...So make sure your clear coat is really DRY when using microsol
 _GOTOTOP