Wanted: LRDG related bits 1/35
Jordyboy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 19 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 10:15 PM UTC
Good Evening,

I have just ordered a Tamiya 1/35 LRDG Chevrolet, now I know that it comes with a few extras for the back and that you can buy stowage packs but I'm on a bit of a tight budget I'm afraid. So I'm after creates/boxes, Lewis gun ammo, duffle bags, British packs, a 50 cal machine gun (preferably the aircraft type) and mount, a Vickers gun and mount and twin Vickers K and mount. I'm happy to pay for items.

Hope you guys can help,
Thanks In advance,
Jordan
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,112 Posts
KitMaker Network: 126 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 12:19 AM UTC
That sounds like a lot of weaponry for a LRDG wagon. The LRDG wasn't like the SAS, racing round airfields shorting them up - it was a long range recce unit which tried to avoid combat and supplies tended to be focused on survival and sustaining the patrol during its duration. If they needed that amount of weaponry and the ammunition to supply it on a single truck, then something had gone badly wrong. Much of its time was spent in the tedious if important task of counting trucks in supply convoys, not attacking them. It was much more effective to leave that to others.

There is a cheap Italeri set of WW2 Allied stowage which might be useful and Riich makes a good Vickers HMG. The best Vickers Ks and aircraft type .50s I've seen are in small packs made by an obscure outfit back in the 1970s. They occasionally show up at shows in bargain boxes and I always tend to grab them when I see them as they are excellent.
Jordyboy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 19 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 12:39 AM UTC
Hi Robert,

Sorry I should have made myself a bit clearer, I'm only after one of those machine guns for the front of the truck.
Thank you for the advice, I'll check out the italeri kit!

Best Regards Jordan
 _GOTOTOP