Looking for U-boat decals
YellowHammer
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 554 Posts
KitMaker Network: 129 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 01:53 AM UTC
Hi folks,
I recently purchased a kit off of bay that the seller was not really knowledgeable of. The kit box stated Maquette submarine L-4, MC-4005. The contents were the Mirage kit #40023 of the type IIA U-boat U-2. Both were in 1/400 scale and the part are sealed in a bag so its easy to have made the mistake. I don't have an issue with the mistake as I also like German subs but the one problem I do have is that the decals for the U-boat were missing.

I'm taking a long shot here but since the decal sheets for the four kits put out by Mirage of the type IIA, B, C, D U-boats included decals for more than one boat I was wondering if anyone might have built one of these kits and might have saved the remaining decals and would be willing to part with them. As I said, these kits are in 1/400 scale and the Type IIs are coastal subs so the finished kits are tiny, about 4" long.

I've also emailed Mirage Hobby to see if they can provide another set of decals but I have not heard back from them yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TIA
John
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 - 07:58 PM UTC
Hi John,

I know this sheet of decals isn't to the kit you have or even the right scale, but if you can use them I will be glad to send them to you. I have absolutely no use for them and would like them to go to someone who can use them. They are brand new and complete. If they are of no use to you I understand but thought I would offer.

Thanks,
Randy
YellowHammer
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 12:05 AM UTC
Randy,
I appreciate the offer but I don't have anything close to that scale I could use them on. Thanks again friend
John.
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 12:32 AM UTC
You're welcome.

Randy
YellowHammer
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 02:03 AM UTC
Hi folks,
Just a bump to maybe catch the eye of someone who hasn't been on the forum in a few days. If you have some decals in a scale close to 1/400 they might do.
Thanks for your interest.
John
YellowHammer
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 12:01 AM UTC
Hi folks,
Just want to say a big THANK YOU to the people at Mirage Hobby. I just received a new set of decals from them in the mail, no charge. BTW, that's international postage from Poland. Excellent customer service. I will definitely be ordering from them in the future.
John
 _GOTOTOP