_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
We've got a brand new modeller here!
StukaFanatik
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 01:19 AM UTC
Greetings fellow modellers. I'm 35 yrs old and have a semi-vast collection WW2 (mostly Nazi/Soviet, some American) memorabilia from coins/stamps to propaganda leaflets and daggers. But even though I cherish my collection, there's not much fulfillment in it when all I can do is look at it and show it off to occasional guests. As of early Sept, 2016, I was browsing google just looking at old Luftwaffe pics. As I continued, more models kept showing up. And after work, I really had no "hands on" hobby or interests besides watching tv and dusting off my collection. So I decided to try my ability at a model. I've always had a love for Stuka's in particular. From their wing design, to the infamous "Jericho Trumpet" that wreaked havoc and just sounded sick to be blunt. I bought a 1/48 Stuka G and I used spray paint rather than brushing. I didn't want to buy all sorts of model paint and wind up not enjoying it. Well, here I am thanks to the referral of a friend. I've only completed that one model so far. But as we speak, I'm opening a 1/48- BF109 Messerschmitt. I rather like that size because it's not too big where it takes up space, and it's not too small. It's just large enough to be able to still focus on detail and doesn't look like a random kid's toy. Anyhow, this is the best modeller website I have found yet. So much to look at and so many options for ideas,interaction and purchase. The talent I have seen on here so far is jaw-dropping! I still have yet to make any dialogue with anyone on here, but I look forward to meeting "common minds" and exchanging ideas & knowledge. It's good to be here. Happy Modelling!
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 07:59 PM UTC
Jason, welcome aboard! 1/48 is a great scale to work with and there are many options. Ask questions, seek advice and have fun with the hobby. There are many who will help you out. What 109 kit did you get?
StukaFanatik
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 11:15 PM UTC
Hey Russ. Sorry for the delay. I haven't been on in a while. I appreciate the reply. You were the only one who welcomed me. LoL! Yeah, 1/72's are a litle too small for my taste. The pieces are so easy to lose and you need tweezers for some of them. The 48's are perfect cause they don't take up as much space as a 1/32 either. Anyway, I bought a standard Revell 109. It has the typical gray paint job on the box. But since I love (and have) the color already, I'm customizing it to look like Hans-Joachim Marseille's F4 Trop. I'll throw in a link below in case you haven't seen it. It's all painted, every piece. Just waiting for the decals from ebay. And then I'll put her together and post it on here. Good to hear from you! TTYL. - Jay

PS- The bottom link is basically what I'musing as a template.

http://funnyjunk.com/Fighter+aces+hans+joachim+marseille/funny-pictures/5439096/

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f2/Messerschmitt_Bf-109G-2,_Germany_-_Air_Force_AN1195526.jpg
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 02:56 AM UTC
Sounds like it will be a great project. I have the Zvezda 109 F4 that I am waiting for the time to build. I saw on your other post you are having some issues with posting photos. I use photobucket, and simply select the image I want, left click on the image button (IMG) and then paste that directly in the text.
 _GOTOTOP