_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Yet Another Newbie. Canada Rocks Eh!
cariboukid
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 - 12:55 AM UTC
Hello everyone!
Glad to be here after a 25 year intermission from the wonderful world of model building. Built my last kit when I was 28. I've changed since then ie. older, balder, thicker around the waist but still seem to have that same passion for building armour. Some things never change

A quick look around this site tells me there is an immense amount of talent here and what a wonderful resource of information. There sure weren't sites like this the last time I was doing a build!

See you around the forums!
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 1,288 Posts
KitMaker Network: 337 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 - 02:14 AM UTC
Hi Mike, welcome to the forums and site!

Yep, things have changed a bit in the last 25 years. Everything is easier now with internet, the forums, the shops...

Enjoy and share your work, we will be glad to see
Dragon164
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 1,909 Posts
KitMaker Network: 162 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 - 06:22 AM UTC
Welcome Mike!

Cheers Rob.
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,295 Posts
KitMaker Network: 93 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 - 09:15 AM UTC
Canada Rocks! Eh?... You bet Mike. Glad to have you aboot here. Hope to see your stuff posted soon.
cariboukid
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 - 06:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Canada Rocks! Eh?... You bet Mike. Glad to have you aboot here. Hope to see your stuff posted soon.

Thank you. Although, I don't think I'm quite ready to be posting anything.
I'm working on a Tamiya T-34/76 right now and I'm rusty as hell. I chose this kit specifically because I thought it would be a simple and straightforward build. But man, did I mention I'm rusty?! Im sure it will come back to me as I go along and of course, there's so much information and inspiration to be found here amongst you guys. i know you all will help me to keep getting better!
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 2,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 - 06:15 PM UTC
Welcome back, Mike!

ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,295 Posts
KitMaker Network: 93 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 08:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thank you. Although, I don't think I'm quite ready to be posting anything.
I'm working on a Tamiya T-34/76 right now and I'm rusty as hell. I chose this kit specifically because I thought it would be a simple and straightforward build. But man, did I mention I'm rusty?! Im sure it will come back to me as I go along and of course, there's so much information and inspiration to be found here amongst you guys. i know you all will help me to keep getting better!

Rusty! I know that feeling. Take your time, practise, work on the craft, and above all, build cause you want to. Don't be afraid to post, most of us here are pretty decent guys and gals....

I haven't done a lick of work on my diorama in close to 5 months, but the snow is coming! And I go down to the basement almost every week just to make sure I know how to get to my work area

I'm sure if and when you do post, it will be well received. See you around the forum
 _GOTOTOP