_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Need Help locating a picture of a diorama
johnnyD
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 60 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 07:28 PM UTC
I've been looking for a diorama from one of the Dragon/Kirin Catalogs from sometime around 2000. It had a ww2 diorama in it courtesy of Hobby Japan which showed a vehicles including horse drawn wagons moving down a road way in which a couple of self propelled guns were going off road to bypass the congestion.
If anyone remembers this please let me know because I'm starting to think I'm going crazy.
Several in the group have looked through old catalogs but no luck. There seemed to be different catalogs for USA and Europe.
Need help! Thanks guys!
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 1,138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 04:59 AM UTC
You are not crazy. Foolishly, I threw out all my old catalogues recently but there was such a dio in one of the Dragon catalogues. I think it was a Hummel and a Nashorn bypassing the roadblock or something. It is possible the picture was a seperate sheet as one or two of those catalogues had "inserts". Possibly this explains why they are not in the actual catalogues. I also recall the disturbing but well done anti-partisan diorama which I think was in the Shanghai DML catalogue. A lot of those dios were reprints from Hobby Japan magazine or whatever it was called.
johnnyD
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 60 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 09:25 PM UTC
Thanks Julian,

I really appreciate the confirmation that my mind is not completely playing tricks on me. Do you happen to remember around what the time frame was because I know it was probably around 1999-2003 but can't really remember. Wish I could've got with you before the dismissal of your catalogs.

Thanks again, David
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 1,138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2016 - 05:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Julian,

I really appreciate the confirmation that my mind is not completely playing tricks on me. Do you happen to remember around what the time frame was because I know it was probably around 1999-2003 but can't really remember. Wish I could've got with you before the dismissal of your catalogs.

Thanks again, David

Not sure of the year but 1995 - 2003 definitely as I had no other years.
 _GOTOTOP