_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Panda problems
mwells63
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 82 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 08:57 PM UTC
I recently purchased Panda models new T14 Armata kit. I have come across some mixed reviews of Panda's models over time, but decided to take a chance and try this kit out anyway. After having spent about a week building it, I finally gave up on a frustrating experience and boxed the thing. the up side is generally good fit and some good surface detail. The down side is flash on every part, overdone sprue gates, poor and confusing instructions and questionable accuracy. This model has the feel of a kit produced in the 80's, which may have been considered good at the time, but just does not measure up to the current competition. Is this a common general thread with Panda kits?. I'm curious to know others opinions of this manufacturer.
leopard122
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 417 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2016 - 02:29 AM UTC
welcome to the club.. Panda models kit are crap and not worth the money, the parts are bad as you write, the fit of the parts are sometime even more worse.. Just check how many Panda models complete models you see... Not many...
If you dont have very good patience, my advice is not to buy the kits from them until they get better... I know someone will write it's not true... But dont buy them, then they will maybe learn to do better kits...
 _GOTOTOP