_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling Questions?
Ask your modeling related questions here.
Advice on model for teaching
Adrien92
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2016 - 08:25 PM UTC
Good afternoon,

I am looking for a realistic aircraft model, if possible see through so as the structure of the aircraft is visible . This would be for aviation lessons , so it would also be great to have moveable surfaces as well.

Regards
Adrien
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 3,670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 527 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2016 - 11:12 PM UTC
Probably your best bet is the Revell-Monogram (I think Revell Germany also released it) "Phantom P-51 Mustang" which is a see through kit, motorized too, not sure if the ailerons or rudder were working or not. The kit has been around since the 1960's, so it's easy to build, clear fuselage and wings with the rib structure beneath, operating landing gear too. It comes with a display pedestal so you can see it from all sides, and it's in 1/32 scale (maybe a tad larger) so it's large and can be seen well. There are some much more expensive WWI fighter kits like the Hasegawa Sopwith Camel in 1/16 scale with no wing or fuselage covering, and the much more expensive and highly detailed Imtech kits of WWII fighters-- that are mostly photo etch brass, and require hours of assembly. Model Expo carries a wood kit of the Curtiss Jenny and a Nieuport 28 that are in 1/16 scale (I think) But these are fairly detailed wood- muti-media kits and likely won't stand up to handling well, if that's what you are after, the Phantom Mustang is perhaps your best bet. Airfix also makes a see-through jet engine in large scale that is an educational model. Good luck!
VR, Russ
Adrien92
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 02:30 PM UTC
Thanks a lot for your detailed answe !
I will submit the model to my colleagues and let you know. Regards,
Adrien
 _GOTOTOP