_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling Questions?
Ask your modeling related questions here.
First airbrush
Mysko12
Visit this Community
France
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 07:37 PM UTC
Hello everybody !

I've been modelling for a little bit more than 1 year now (1/35 military vehicles) and i'd like to buy my first airbrush. I have looked on the internet what were the features to chose, such as gravity feed, dual action ... Still, i'm a bit lost.

I have found on the internet a pack with the Iwata Neo HP-CN with the RM2600 compressor for 169.90€.
http://www.aerographediscount.fr/pack-iwata-neo/2780-pack-aerographe-hp-cn-compresseur-rm-2600.html

I have seen the armorama review for the airbrush, with 95%( https://armorama.kitmaker.net/review/6779 ), but still, i'd like to know if it's a good choice for a beginner.

What do you think of this kit ? Should I take it ?

Thanks for your wise advises:)
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 350 Posts
KitMaker Network: 179 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2016 - 05:02 PM UTC
You may want to look through th Painting section for similar discussions. My personal advise would be to buy as good an airbrush that you afford.
squisher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 20 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 - 02:46 AM UTC
I started with a cheap kit from Amazon containing a compressor, braided hose and very cheap "Spraymaster" double-action gravity fed airbrush. The compressor is fine apart from not having a tank and the airbrush was OK to start with but I suspected I would want something better eventually. It was fiddly to clean. I then started considering the Iwata Neo but then when looking at reviews came across the Harder & Steenbeck Evolution. I bought a 2-in-1 gravity-fed model with 0.2mm and 0.4mm needles/nozzles and 2 sizes of cups. This cleans really easily and gives good results. It's more expensive than the NEO but well worth a look, I think.
 _GOTOTOP