_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade: Selling: Finished Works
Finished kits or dioramas for sale by poster.
Advice needed for selling
SpaceXhydro
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 418 Posts
KitMaker Network: 58 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 08:29 PM UTC
I need advice on selling my models on eBay and how to organize packaging. since I've never sold anything online, i need help from people who have experience with selling. Also, i'm not sure how much each of my models are worth and how to successfully sell them. i'll be happy to hear your responses.thank you.
Armorsmith
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,063 Posts
KitMaker Network: 63 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 08:49 PM UTC
Can't help you with the E-Bay part but I do have some experience with commission builds and "walk ups" who have seen my work at shows. First let me declare that I am not greedy in terms of what I ask. I am generally satisfied if I recover the cost of the kit and materials and a little for my time. I am acquainted with a professional model builder who also builds for commission, museums, private collectors, etc. who, when asked how much he charges told me he asks 8X the cost of materials. Having said that I generally get between $150-$300 depending on the cost of the kit and other materials. May not seem like much considering the time that goes into a build but I would rather get a little something for them and have someone enjoy them than having them gather dust. Others may have a different view of what to charge so I am sure you will get other responses. Good luck.
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
entire network: 2,433 Posts
KitMaker Network: 103 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 08:50 PM UTC
Could you post a photo of one of the finished model you'd like to sell? Depending on the construction and finish price and attractivity will vary wildly, in some rare cases you'll make a lot of money in others in not worth bothering = waste of time.

Cheers,

Christophe
 _GOTOTOP