_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Diorama and aquistiton question
SteelCheeseBeard
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2016 - 10:13 PM UTC
I got a few questions. 1) where is a good sight to get some unpainted solders for 1/35 scale models. I see alot of after marker solders in peoples dioramas and cant seem to find one that i can paint on my own i have found one site online but there in the EU. Secound question im doing a vietnam patton tank and am looking for miniatures of the orient and nungle variety like Buddha and small signs in Vietnamese to replicate a city. Any help would be appreciated.
YellowHammer
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 554 Posts
KitMaker Network: 129 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 12:01 AM UTC
Hi Jake,
I haven't done figures in a long time so my response is kind of general. You didn't mention whether you are looking for plastic or resin figures. Resin figures provide a higher level of difficulty due to the health hazards from resin dust but often include more detail. I know overseas shipping costs are getting out of hand.

My recommendation to you is check out the vendors who have ads on this site. They've been dealing with our community for years and have been vetted by our members as good folks to deal with. Good luck in finding the figs you're looking for.
John
SteelCheeseBeard
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 01:34 AM UTC
Well at the moment because im just starting to get into doing dioramas and battle scenes i need figures im guessing plastic fpr now my guess is that there cheaper. I figure that my first few attempts at creating full dioramas with building landscape people and battle damage well lets just say im feeling my way through it and dont want to throw too much away on something that might see the model graveyard Aka the trash can.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2016 - 09:00 PM UTC
Dragon makes decent plastic figures, as does Master Box and a few others. You can order them from pretty much any on-line shop. They are reasonably priced and easy to work with. I would start with plastic and work up to more expensive resin figures as you improve.
 _GOTOTOP