_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Trac-link back up
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 10:14 AM UTC
Don't know if this is the right group, but the latest incarnation of track-link is up. I found most of it pretty nice but you now have to register to gain access to the photo gallery and other stuff. when I sent in my registration you get a message that essentially says we'll reveiw your info when we get a chance, sort of like if your not in the club bugger. I hope the site doesn't get elitetist. It would be a great shame I've found it mostly freinly in the past. Hope to hear somthing from them.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 10:19 AM UTC
Same here pretty rude to say the least.
Jeff
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 310 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 11:08 AM UTC
Hey guys...
I can assure you that Paul and Christophe and all the other "administrators" of Track-Link will not discriminate when processing anyone's registration information.

These guys want ALL MODELERS OF AFV's and related subjects to come and visit. I have always enjoyed any time spent reading and intercting with the guys at Track-Link. I even have a couple of my models in the gallery there. And I have always gotten fair and honest feedback about the models, when I ASKED FOR IT... never any unsolicited comments.

If they say they'll "/review" your information, they probably just want to be sure that you have provided all of the required information. The Track Link software is nearly 100% user driven and you can create an article or review or gallery post any time. They only "/review" information for completeness so that the software will work correctly.

Sometimes, they do not include images that are of poor qualiry ( ie. out of focus or too large or small). Notice no reference to the subject matter!

Go there and enjoy!
Tim
Paul_Owen
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 140 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 12:59 PM UTC
Geeze guys give me a break... I am just trying to save money on bandwidth by password protecting the image library. I can't really afford for the site to be up right now as it is and if I could afford it then the image library would be totally open. In fact I am considering totally removing the images library. And also I haven't had much time recently to go through new applications, I do have a day job and running a big site takes a lot of work, as I am sure Jim will agree. Just have some patience.

Sabotshooter
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 63 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2002 - 11:32 PM UTC
Once upon a time Track-link was my favorite website, now the hands down winner is this one. I tried to register with track-link once just before it went down and I never got a response. The only thing I really miss is the photos of dioramas by Rhodes A. Williams. But hey I guess I'll try and give em another shot. After I post this I will go and check out the site.

Stephen
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2002 - 01:07 PM UTC
T-L is not bad, I got my registration done in one single day. I think these guys need some break.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2002 - 01:58 PM UTC
Not all webmasters can be as perfect as me.

(Sorry Paul I couldn't resist.)

Jim
Paul_Owen
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 140 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2002 - 02:53 PM UTC
True.

Although I do spend most of my free time helping Jim out behind the scenes. Heh, heh, heh .. ;-)

shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2002 - 10:51 PM UTC
Nothing personal Paul. It's just not having been part of the Beta testing it was a little difficult finding ones way around and getting answers. And then being threatened with legal action if you try to log on using the password you just entered is really unnerving. Most other sites I belong to registration is automatic, you enter a username and password and your in. Your site was always in my favorites list and had a link to it on my site until it disapeared.Hope to hear from you soon.Oh and I did try to be part of the testing but I either posted the account request in the wrong place or didnt match your requirements.

Josh aka shiryon :-)
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 1,290 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2002 - 11:02 PM UTC
I'll have to wait till I get home. The "websense" software employed here at work will not let me access that website
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 778 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2002 - 11:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll have to wait till I get home. The "websense" software employed here at work will not let me access that website

I feel yer pain...our admin has blocked the AMPS site...
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 - 07:31 AM UTC
AHHHHH the joy of being a stay at home Dad, modelling when I want to and web access 24/7 with a wife who generally doesn't mind.

Shiryon
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 02:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

AHHHHH the joy of being a stay at home Dad, modelling when I want to and web access 24/7 with a wife who generally doesn't mind.

Shiryon

Sounds cool dude got any pics of the isherman sherman their by chance?
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 10:58 AM UTC
I must say ther seems to have been a problem at my end as well with getting rgistered with track-link. It seems there is an account in my name from 4 years ago under an old email address no longer in use. Paul Owen has contacted me and I replied to straighten it out. Just thought I'd clear the air.

Josh
aKa shiryon
E23C
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 238 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 11:24 AM UTC
Yes I saw a link for TL and I sent in my registration,looks like a great site.I never saw the old TL as I was still a Aircraft only builder last year and unless it had wings I didnt pay any attention.Since I came back to Armour after a 12 year "Wings only" stint I spend all my surfing time gathering info on Armour and usually neglect all those aircraft sites I have saved on my PC.
Have a good one :-)
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 06:35 PM UTC
Same for me as Paul is a busy guy trying to make money to keep site up.
Okay Paul
 _GOTOTOP