_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello
Lokis_Tyro
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 128 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2016 - 09:15 PM UTC
Hi everyone.
I've been a sporadic car modeler since I was a kid. Years back I bought a bunch of kits, one of which was tamiyas m151a2 with m416 trailer which has brought me here to armorama (whoo!). I signed up for the jeep campaign to keep me motivated and to learn about the vehicle and check out other builds.
I'm currently buying more than I am building, but I'll be doing a lot of "firsts" which requires new materials and media. I plan on replacing a few other hobbies so I can build more steadily. Now that I'm older (31) I'm enjoying reading about modeling and history as much as the build itself so I feel it's a good time to get into armor, figures and dioramas. I'm really looking forward to it.
Thanks for having me and thanks to all the servicemen and women and to all the veterans out there.

JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 7,772 Posts
KitMaker Network: 802 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2016 - 09:25 PM UTC
Hi Andrew,

Welcome! Your story sounds familiar, I can identify with: ...buying more than I am building...replacing a few other hobbies so I can build more steadily...enjoying reading about modeling and history as much as the build itself.

Great group of folks here and an ocean of talent. Members here include people who write books, consult with model manufacturers, design and produce models, even illustrate box art and publications.

Whether you want to build & brush-paint straight OOB (Out Of the Box) or completely scratchbuild a museum quality masterpiece, there are people here who can lend their experience and thoughts.
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 2,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2016 - 09:39 PM UTC
Welcome, Andrew!

varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
entire network: 1,288 Posts
KitMaker Network: 337 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 01:47 PM UTC
Hi Andrew,
Know the feeling, was there some 15 years ago Since then I have managed to build a good number of kits, buy even more (although I *really* try to keep it under control!) and still learning, reading and spending a lot of time here.

Sure you will have a great time, build, have fun and come often!
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 08:02 PM UTC
Welcome to the forums Andrew. I am sure that you will get everything you need in the way of advice and help from the generous folks here. I definitely have since I joined in!

I'm looking forward to following your builds, don't be shy about posting plenty if progress images along the way.

Cheers, D
Lokis_Tyro
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 128 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 - 03:18 AM UTC
@Frederick Thank you. The amount of talent throughout the network is amazing. I've learned a lot in the little time I've been here and I have no doubt I'll be learning from builders here for years to come.

@Mark and Carlos Thanks for the welcome!

@Damian Thanks! I'll do my best to post pictures. Unfortunately most will be low quality cell phone images. I'll be using a point and shoot for pictures of finished builds when possible.

See y'all around the network! Happy building!
 _GOTOTOP