_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
difference between Mig and AK
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 584 Posts
KitMaker Network: 37 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 06:14 PM UTC
I was doing research, and looking around on both of the companies websites, I'm a little confused by what the differences are between products in the Mig line and the AK line. My local hobby store wasn't really too helpful in the subject.

I'm looking at getting some of the fuel staining, chipping, and then mud products and I'm not really sure what route to go, what are you guys using and leaning towards, and or what else are you using?
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 06:18 PM UTC
Very close,pretty much the same stuff,use whatever is cheaper,available,or fits your needs.
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 584 Posts
KitMaker Network: 37 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2016 - 10:50 PM UTC
thank you for the help, do you have experience with both or prefer one over another?
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2016 - 11:10 PM UTC
I have tried both,and again no preference,Although i have only used the Mig Pigments.
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 1,517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - 02:59 AM UTC
When you say Mig you speak about Mig Production or Ammo of Mig?...becose is 2 differnt companies,but like also AK the products specially the pigments and weathering products is very similar, nearly the same,also becose all the 3 companies have 1 person in common Miguel "Mig" Jimenez, i think the closest 2 is Ammo of Mig and AK...i have some stuff from all 3 and for me the biggest difference is only the prices
 _GOTOTOP