_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Painting Canopy
Deerbill
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 45 Posts
KitMaker Network: 31 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 05:20 AM UTC
Could use some help from u guys. I mainly do armor but every now and then try something new just to keep sharp. Rigth now doing the old Revell B25J. Since it came with 2 sets of canopies i was trying a liquid frisket on the top turret just to see how it would work. Trouble is though, i was having problems with the paint adhearing. I was using Vallejo for the first coat to get the interior color. Is it becasue i dipped them in pledge first? Or maybe I need to go a oil based way. Or strip the pledge off. I dont want to start the rest until i figure out. Thanks in advance.
SpaceXhydro
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 418 Posts
KitMaker Network: 58 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 - 11:55 PM UTC
i don't have much of an idea how to paint canopies properly without the paint coming off, but i think you should go ahead and try painting using enamel. With me, if i paint the first layer with acrylic, i would paint varnish on top of the acrylic. i might also paint the varnish first and then put a layer of acrylic, then paint that with varnish.
Deerbill
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 45 Posts
KitMaker Network: 31 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2016 - 01:43 AM UTC
thanks, will have to try. didnt want to do that. Was wanting to paint the plane using acrlyics as i have already bought it. I might have touble matching the paint since a diff brand might produce a slighlty diff shade. Will just have to see.
 _GOTOTOP