_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling Questions?
Ask your modeling related questions here.
Pedro Blackhawk
colin-rlc
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
entire network: 91 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2016 - 06:16 PM UTC
Greetings all, been a while since I was last on here, hope to be back on again a bit more regularly though. Question for 'the people in the know' or who may have had operational experience. I have a 1/48 Italeri MH-60G Pave Hawk in my stash, with which to portray a 'Pedro' airframe, in tribute to their service(I have had numerous experiences of receiving incoming casualties from these guy's in Afghanistan). Will this kit suffice for what I need, or would I be better off with the MH-60K variant ? Any/all help appreciated in advance.
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,210 Posts
KitMaker Network: 345 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 10:40 AM UTC
I don't have first hand experience with this (unless you count being able to climb over and around the AH-1Z and MH-53 as first hand experience ==P and being an heavy watcher of Inside Pararescue) but from a bit of researching, I found that the PJs use the MH-60G, at least as far as what I've seen. Apparently the Air Force is going to acquire the new MH-60W en mass by 2020.
colin-rlc
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 07:46 PM UTC
That's good enough for me Michael, muchly appreciated, and thank you for your service.
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,210 Posts
KitMaker Network: 345 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 01:27 AM UTC
No, like I said, I have no first hand experience. I was just lucky enough to have the opportunity one time to walk around and a bit over a Viper and a Super Stallion. I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I've served
colin-rlc
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 03:37 AM UTC
Ahh, right, no problem Michael, no harm done, I just picked you up wrong, appreciate the help anyway.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 08:27 PM UTC
Welcome to the world of helo modeling. The kit you have should be good, but probably needs some updating. For a USAF Pedro, the latest versions are HH-60G Pave Hawks (Black Hawk is US Army designation for the UH/MH-60A/L versions).

Three has been a lot of questions and info on Pave Hawks over at the AeroScale (Armorama's air side) Rotary Wing Forum.

You should check over there for any helo-related questions.

Here are a couple posts related to MH/HH-60Gs:

HH-60G in A'stan
MH-60G Pave Hawk info

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 10:40 PM UTC
Another link that has lots of great info.

MH-60G Pave Hawk
colin-rlc
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2016 - 01:09 AM UTC
Many thanks for the great intel :-)My plan is to do one from my time in Bastion 2009/2010 timeframe. I have too many other projects running as well, so fitting the build into a work/life balance is another factor for me to deal with. Time spent in recon is seldom wasted as they say
 _GOTOTOP