History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
Book: Fox on the Rhine
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 10:58 PM UTC
OKAY FOLKS:
For all of you What if Folks, Here is a book for you to read if you have not already. The Book of course is entitled Fox On The Rhine by Douglas Niles and Michael Dobson. I am still reading it, And so far it is pretty good, Oh BTW it is a WW-2 story. Will give you a quick over view The Fuhrer is Dead...But the War Goes on! Backed by a cadre of SS Officers, Himmler
seizes control of the Reich and Instigates a plan to change the course of the war.
First an armistice with Russia, Second, The Mass Production of jet fighters, And Third, The
Appointment of legendary "Desert Fox" Erwin Rommel to the Europeon Theatre, Leading to a very different Battle of The Buldge where he must confront Blood n Guts George Patton in a campaign that will determine the fate of Europe...And posibly the frree world.
That is from the back cover of the book, In case you had not guessed. ANYWAY I know that alot of you like to think about these sort of things so I thought that I would pass it along. Let
me know if any of you GUYS and GALS have seen or read this book and what you thought of it. Happy Reading !!

DAGGER-1
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 4,082 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 11:51 PM UTC
The sunny days are far to long and time is short right now but when the days get shorter again, that's something I'm going to read for sure. Thx for the "/review".

generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2002 - 03:43 AM UTC
I have read that book 4 times now Excellent what-if scenario I got that book 2 years ago It's a keeper #:-)
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2002 - 05:49 AM UTC
Thanks GeneralZod: I'm currently on page 195. Started the book earlier in the week, And try to find a little time each day to read some more of it. Work is progressing SLOWLY on the Fw-190 and of course trying to get ready to move, So there is alot going on. BUT tommorow is a work day, So I will be able to get some more reading done Since it Should be a pretty Dead Day as well. (i.e. Quiet ) Have you read the other one Fox At The Front ?? anyway I am enjoying this one, I have not really read anything lately ( Other Than My Bible) in the Fiction realm. So this one is something that I have gotten interested in again. Danny: If you see this, You should go pick up a copy and get it a look I think you might enjoy it. It definately has a different spin on how history actually worked out.

DAGGER-1 "To The Victor, Go The Spoils"
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2002 - 03:23 AM UTC
Dagger I've never heard of Fox at the Front Is it any good? Who wrote it? I may have to check it out
Chad