_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
My Gallery Problems.
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 06:09 PM UTC
Okay, I am majorly frustrated!

I go to My Gallery, upload the pics, and then it says "no more images found", click on the return to main menu button, and go back to the menu without my pictures. When I click MG again, it says there are no pics in there! How can I overcome this annoying thing?

~Chip :-)
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 07:34 PM UTC
Chip,
I would imagine you are seeing a leftover login issue from when the site and gallery logins were seperated. Try dumping your cookies and cache files and relogging in from scratch.

Or it may be that you are doing something during the download that is crashing the final upload process. Try not entering any text or descriptions for your pics. And do just one image to see if that goes first before spending a lot of time doing a bunch.

Cheers,
Jim
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 07:36 PM UTC
Tried it again, after deleting the cookies, and of course it didn't work.

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 07:49 PM UTC
What is the size of the image you are trying to upload?

Try something very simple with no added frills. We have several hundred images uploaded a day so I am pretty sure this is something local to your pc or settings when uploading.

I need more info though. What kind of file, size, naming, etc. Believe it or not with PHP, ASP and other online code simply putting a quotation mark around something can crash the application (but Photopost is written pretty well so I doubt that is the cause).

Jim
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 05:16 AM UTC
I saved it as a jpeg. Its in "my pictures". Under properties, hte size says: 1.90 MB (2,002,493 bytes).

Could any of those be the problem?

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 06:21 AM UTC
Well....yes.

Currently I think the max file upload size is at 1500kb (about 1.4mb). I don't know why it isn't giving you the standard message about file size being too large though.

Why would you want to upload such a huge image? Albeit the JPG compression in gallery will shrink it down to 600kb or so, but that is still HUGE!

Thanks,
Jim

Jim
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 06:44 AM UTC
I tested it and that is exactly the message you get when the image is too large (no more images found). I thought I remembered that it gave you an "image too large" message but maybe not. Anyways I will have to look into this more when I get time.

Needless to say it clearly states that the max file upload size is 1500k (1,500,000 bytes) on the uploading page. Your image is about 2,000,000 I would guess so you are close, but no cigar.

And remember that the site "goal" is to have images be in the 50kb to 100kb range (50,000 - 100,000 bytes).

Thanks,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP