_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
The Carpet Monster ate my hand!!! …
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,033 Posts
KitMaker Network: 361 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 04:38 AM UTC
… Hornet Hand, that is — those expensive little buggers that take forever to order!!!

I recalled reading somewhere about attaching a piece of the wife’s nylon’s to a vacuum cleaner hose as a filter to capture small parts consumed by the Carpet Monster. Well … no spouse.

So I tried attaching a piece of paper towel instead, but the vacuum didn’t like that one bit, it kept on cutting out! Next, I tried punching holes in the paper towel to allow in more flow — still no luck.

At this point I was pretty fed up, so I decided to just go ahead and vacuum the area using the short brush attachment sans homemade filter device. When finished, I dumped-out the canister out onto a sheet of paper … and voilà! … the hand along with a vehicle mirror that I lost awhile back miraculously appeared! Weapon of choice … Dyson Cordless!
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 1,517 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 05:30 AM UTC
Noooo... ....you took not 1 but 2 things out of carpet monster belly?!?!....Thats can be very dangerous mate!...i think to keep quiet the monster you have to do a ritual sacrifice,a piece of PE can be good!!... ...if the monster get mad no body can save your modeling soul anymore!!..
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,033 Posts
KitMaker Network: 361 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 03, 2016 - 01:26 AM UTC
Vicious,
I believe the Carpet Monster owes me this round, since I continually find myself scratch-building parts (like the mirror) only to find he’d coughed-up the originals at a later date! I couldn’t see myself sculpting a replacement hand though. 😬

Soon I’ll be posting my “modeling soul” in the FS forum. Then, I’m hanging a placard on my workshop door which will read … 'All hope abandon, ye who enter here.' 🔥😈
 _GOTOTOP