_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
LF: Bronco 1/35 M2 Bailey Bridge
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,210 Posts
KitMaker Network: 345 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 11:29 AM UTC
Hi. I'm looking for a Bronco M1 or M2 Bailey kit. I need it for a future project of mine: to design a brand new Bailey kit for 3D Printing. I don't have much free cash available to spend, though, so I'm looking to get it relatively cheaply. I do some 3D CAD work (albeit an amateur at it) so maybe we could work out a deal for cash and some 3d designs as well?

Mike Goldberg

mikesmsproductions(at)gmail.com
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
entire network: 1,322 Posts
KitMaker Network: 74 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 11:34 AM UTC
So if I understand well you want to bargain an engineered model to copy it? If so, you might consider a few things about legal issues. But more important you are on the road of killing the access to new models for all of us since only by making profit by selling models Bronco can design new ones....
So, tmho, your doing wrong!
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 12:47 PM UTC
Oh no I'm not copying it. But I need it so I have something physical to look at. I'm basing the 3D model on the Tech manual but I need the model kit to know how it basically goes together and what it essentially looks like. I can design from only a few pictures and basic dimensions, sure, but only for simple things. When it comes to things such as this I need physical bases to look at.

But how would designing a 3D printed model of a Bailey Bridge kill access to new models? I plan on making a new model. A new, mostly ACCURATE (at least as accurate as I can get it) model. Which the Bronco kit is not. And I understand that all these businesses run on profit. So again, how would I be killing access to new models? I don't see how I would be any different to a resin kit maker.
Paulinsibculo
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
entire network: 1,322 Posts
KitMaker Network: 74 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 02:23 PM UTC
Hi Michael,

Got your point. I thought you would copy an existing mdel, thus taking over on the easy way turn over from Bronco! Apparently you are doing not! Good to hear.
Have you tried to find a manual of these bridges? There most have been hundreds of them in engineering battalions. With that one you have the whole set up of these bridges, split in every detail. It would enable you to make a complete bridge since all items are more or less rather basic steel T. I an H beams.
Further I guess that until the 70ies these bridges didn't changes in their configuration, so more modern manuals would do as well. Only at the end of the 70-ies steel started to be exchanged for aluminum and less heavier bridge material replaced the old Bailey ones.

Enjoy your Eastern holidays and good luck in finding,

P.
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 02:26 PM UTC
I have the Technical Manual of the (I believe) M2 Bailey but it's from 1986. I had been looking for any 1940's manual but I've had no luck finding any.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
entire network: 12,719 Posts
KitMaker Network: 69 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2016 - 10:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have the Technical Manual of the (I believe) M2 Bailey but it's from 1986. I had been looking for any 1940's manual but I've had no luck finding any.

I've already posted this in another thread, but you can find a 1943 edition of TM 5-277 here :

http://fr.slideshare.net/blancaisabelcig/tm-5277

I guess you could make some screencaps if you don't download it...

H.P.
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2016 - 02:03 AM UTC
Thanks Frenchy. I really wish sometimes that Google would display every related result and not only the results that are in a specific language.
brian638
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 31 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 03:01 AM UTC
Hi Michael,

I have two Bronco M2s, I will dig them out and you can have them. Yes I'm in the UK but they should be cheapish to ship over. Do you have or use Dropbox? I have some technical information that you will find useful.

The Bronco kit is inaccurate in parts as it has been copied from the Chinese version which is smaller. All of the kits are short of Transoms and Panels (to make a bridge).

I have amassed quite a lot of information on Bailey as it has always fascinated me as I have actually built one while serving in the Royal Engineers. A great piece of equipment but very heavy!
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - 04:02 AM UTC
That's very kind of you! Thanks! I don't use Dropbox but if you want you can send the info to the email I set up for my Shapeways shop.

[email protected]

I'll shoot you a pm.
 _GOTOTOP