Soldier Stories
Served in the military? Discuss your time and experiences here.
Hosted by Dave Willett
Your Past Military Experiences in School...
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 12:37 AM UTC
I guess I'll get this started...

I always dream about great adventures and the outdoor. During my grade 3 (about 8 years old), I joined the Kab (or was it the Cub) Scouts. It was fun! We had hikings and camping trips. The succedding years, grade 4-6, I joined the Boy Scouts. I was even given the award "Best Patrol Leader" and "Loyalty Award" in our school. After being a boy scout, I am now promoted into a Senior Scout during our 1st year high school (Junior high in other countries I guess). Then I achieved the rank of a "Pathfinder", the next rank before an Eagle Scout. Too bad during my second year High School, our instructor left the country so we are no longer promoted. When I step into my third year, I joined our schools Cadet Officer Candidate Course (COCC). Now I know this is a true military training. We had lots of drills, exercises and such but it was fun! After a year of training, I was promoted to "Cadet Lt. Colonel" and had given the designation "Wing Deputy Commander", the second highest awards. It was fun especially for me for I am the one who will teach fresh new COCC cadets. During graduation, I am promoted to "Cadet Colonel" and received the awards of "Loyalty" and "Leadership" award. It didn't end there. Now I am in 1st year college, I joined our Naval ROTC. Nope, I didn't apply to be an officer but rather to be in the Model Battalion, the competing team and the battalion's pride. I must say that after a year of ROTC, this will end my military career for I no longer wish to be in service. After 9 years of training military (I'm 17 now and we are near the end of our training days), I guess I am proud of myself
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 07:32 AM UTC
Very interesting young life you have led so far. No one could accuse you of having moss growing under your feet. I am sure that you parents are very proud of you. Study hard and keep the positive attitude and I know that you will go far in life.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 04:43 PM UTC
Thanks animal! Yep, my parents are proud of me but still they prefer my academic life. Wish I finish college in 4 years or less. I'm having a hard time dealing with our math subjects