_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Most of my models are water damaged
kpnuts
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 56 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 01:38 PM UTC
Well most of my models are stored in the outhouse. We had lots of rain and hailstones last night and the roof leaked right over where my models are stored, a lot of the guided parts of the Soliel will need redoing (they've gone all cloudy, I have them on the radiator hoping they will clear when dry) to say I'm upset is an understatement.
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 - 02:26 PM UTC
Sorry to hear it. Not sure where you are, but here in east London the sharp squall we had in the early hours sounded like it was going to break windows.
kpnuts
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 56 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2016 - 12:42 AM UTC
Hi all well the after a day to calm down and looking tonight, its not as bad as I feared, most of the bases are rubbished, but the models are ok and the guilding on the Soliel bits have cleared up (just a bit of staining on the transom )
the models just need a wash in clean water, the warspite dio base could be saved but to be fair its taking up too much space so will probably break it down and make some smaller dios I'm just glad the Thermopylae and Soliel hulls were in the living room.
here's the warspite dio

and here's the Soliel guilding

As I said after a day to calm down not as bad as I thought, not too worried about the bases as I needed room anyway, so maybe its a good thing.
 _GOTOTOP