_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
ink
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 257 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 03:53 PM UTC
ive heard several people say they use ink for washes. i was wondering is it used by the same methods as a regular wash? if so, what does one use to thin it if need be? what kind of ink do you use? this is a lot to throw, i know, but id appreciate it if someone could give me some advice on this. thanks!
mastertyno
Visit this Community
Porto, Portugal
entire network: 339 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 11:07 PM UTC
Inks, inks... Well from my little experience, I've used inks after aplying the basic paint coat... The ones I've used were thin enough at least to me! So I can't help on that, sorry
I've used some inks from games workshop ( I think they are from citadel, or something like that). It's the ones they used in their painting tutorials for their miniatures...
Hope I could help you some way

See yaaa
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 02:41 PM UTC
thanks for the input mastertyno. hopefully someone else can give me a little more info about inks. if not, i can probably scrounge up sometthing from the internet.
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 09:45 PM UTC
you should be able to use inks for pin washes ect no problems, I've seen weathering been done using sepia ink as a dust coat and looked really good with it games workshop does inks for washes in browen,black ect and are ready to use from the bottle hope this helps
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 2,394 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 06:02 AM UTC
Hello, I just am learning about inks as well. you can find the inks you use at the same counter where they keep the oil paints at stores like hobby lobby. with the wash on the thatch of my barn i used a drop of ink to about a shot glass of water to thin it. the ink is india ink for calligraphy. Hope this helps. Cheers Kevin
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 03:53 PM UTC
thanks guys, i think thats about all i really need to know. i appreciate your help!
 _GOTOTOP