_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Lack of Concentration?
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 568 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 03:58 AM UTC
Was just looking at my workbench wondering why I can concentrate? Could it be that I have too many projects on the go?

In the image, tracks for Ram II OP(T54E1), Somua(Tamiya), F15A(Mirror Models), Scimitar(AFV Club/Eduards PE), also have a Leopard C2 to weather, and am wondering what to start next.....

Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 1,138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 04:50 AM UTC
I have about eight projects on the go. Maybe it helps to rationalize it by saying having multiple models on the go keeps you "fresh and objective" because you can go back to one or the other with fresh eyes.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 2,713 Posts
KitMaker Network: 159 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 10:55 AM UTC
It's probably not that there's too many on the workbench, maybe you just need to take a break off the workbench! Whenever I lose interest or as you say concentration from a build (even several parallel builds), I'd just go off and do something else. Sure the build gets delayed, especially if you're in a campaign -- but to me, modelling is to get myself to relax. I'd rather get back to it at a later time, when I'm fresh and inspired, rather than force it and screw up the build. Cheers
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 568 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 07:42 PM UTC
No loss of interest, just wanting to pull another kit from the stash and start it as well.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 2,713 Posts
KitMaker Network: 159 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 - 05:41 AM UTC
If that's the case then go for it. Is it the nagging thought of seeing half-completed builds on your workbench or shelf? For me I'd still go with how I feel and get going. Cheers
 _GOTOTOP