Shows and events in North America.
Squadronfest 2004
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 10:52 AM UTC
OK I'll post this here to start with, but I find this forum is not generally well read. The last weekend or so of May, they are having a Big show here in the Dallas area (Mesquite actually). Sponsored by the Squadron shop. Here is your once a year chance to go in the place with a shopping cart and actually see things before you buy. They have specials too. Now for you guys like me that love to see and show your work, well there is all that too. Last year I had hoped to meet a bunch of you guys, but it looks like only Keith Magee and I made it. Hope for a better turnout this year. Maybe we can get together on Saturday and eat at the famous Traildust Restaurant just down the street....don't wear a tie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 11:08 AM UTC
Blaster76, I've GOT to get a more reliable car. I could drop my wife off in Amarillo to visit her friend and head on down to Mesquite. I wish. Well, maybe the tax man will be particularly kind to us this year and I can swing it. Here's hoping.

Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 11:26 AM UTC
Hey Blaster,
I usually dont go to Scalefest, I'm not a real big fan of the show. I usually go to Supercon in August in Arlington (between Ft. Worth and Dallas.) I might make a exception this year and go to both. I am getting ready for Fiestacon here in San Antonio at the end of the month. Are you going to make it for that.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 07:10 AM UTC
EPI Won't make the San Antonio show, but I always do the Arlington show as well as the Dallas/Mesquite. Personally, for amount of vendors, the opportunity to go to Squadron, and the number of models entered in competition; the Mesquite show is far superior.

Halfyank...love to see ya down here, I've got a couch or a blow up bed if you need a place to crash.
 _GOTOTOP