_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
gallery logging me out
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 09:49 AM UTC
the gallery is automaticly logging me out when I am working there. It has happened 4 or 5 times this morning. It comes up with a box that says...."This Forum Requires a pass word to enter"..... and then has a box undernealth with a push button to put your cypher in. when I try and do this it just tells me the same thing all over. So I close down reenter armorama and find I have to completely log in again.

I am puzzled as this has only really been happing since login to the gallery was made automatic.
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 10:05 AM UTC
I have been having simular problems of being logged out myself
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 10:22 AM UTC
I another thread Jim suggests getting rid of all your cookies and temp internet files to see if that will help....
Don't know for sure, but that's something to try.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 10:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I another thread Jim suggests getting rid of all your cookies and temp internet files to see if that will help....
Don't know for sure, but that's something to try.

been there done that twice
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 10:41 AM UTC
Heck I was just reading some of the fourms posted and I got logged out without doing anything but viewing the fourms.This happened only two mins. ago
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 12:03 PM UTC
OK enoughs enough happened 3 times in last 5 mins so I will continue at a later date when (hopefully) that nice StaffJim sorts the prob out.

Also I have noticed a couple of times this morning when entering the forums that every forum is ticked saying there are new posts there but when I open them it shows no new posts at all....ie the folders are all yellow
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 03:51 PM UTC
And you guy's are using www.armorama.com for both the gallery and the forum right?

I keep trying to replicate a problem like this and nothing happens. If you can give me an exact step-by-step of what you are doing and then when it logs you out I can track it down.

Thanks,
Jim
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 06:03 PM UTC
OK I will try Jim. I connect to the net and as I have set armorama as my default site it comes up automaticly and the home page comes up. I let that load and then (normally) go to the forums and starting at general modeling go though all the new posts, answering things I am interested in etc. I then click on Gallery on LHS and go there to the home page. This morning using the edit function I was creating new albums and downloading / uploading files using the bulk upload site. I then created a new album in my gallery called scale models and loaded new images of all my models into it. At this stage half way through downloading from the bulk site I was logged off. I went to edit a pic and after it was edited and I wanted to go back to my gallery it told me the first time that I had to be registered to use this forum. The box that came up would not accept my password so I closed out of the net and reentered Armorama where I had to log on again with username and cypher. It then let me inagain and away I went. Once I had downloaded all the model pics and all the ref pics (it did it a couple more times when I was editing those too) I went to page 184 of my album and started deleting the model pics there. I would click on the thumbnail and once the pic enlarged go down to delete and push submit. At this stage I noticed I was getting returned to the members gallery not my gallery so I was hitting my gallery in the top LH corner and then page 380 or whatever to go back to the next pic I wanted to delete. It seemed to me to get worse and worse the longer you were in there. I was there about 4 hours this morning.

hope this helps
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 09:20 PM UTC
Oh!!....well then it is not cooke based, but session based. The authorization for the gallery is actually (now that I remember) being pulled from the same info that drives the "who's online" function. So yes even though you are online and interacting with the server, you are not doing anything on the site and so it deletes your entry in that table.

The old login system was not doing this, but was pulling the info from a cookie on your machine.

I will need to look at this to see if I can fix it.

Thanks,
Jim
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 02:39 AM UTC
Thanks Jim.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 10:01 AM UTC
Doh! After viewing a bunch of those Iraq photos I was logged off the main site. So there is something else going on because I was not doing that for more than 5 mins.

Something is affoot and I will have to track it down in the gallery software.

Jim
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 11:34 AM UTC
Roo you and I have been vidicated. WE aren't as crazy as we once thought #:-)
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 12:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Doh! After viewing a bunch of those Iraq photos I was logged off the main site. So there is something else going on because I was not doing that for more than 5 mins.

Jim today I had exactly the same when I viewed the Iraq pics. I opened the topic the link was in and I clicked the link a new window opened and when I saw all the pics out of Iraq I closed the second (gallery) window away and I clicked on latest posts To go to the forums again and then I also had to Log in again. It occurred me twice and both times I was looking at the Iraq pics after that I didn`t had the problem anymore so I took no further notice till I saw this post. I hope my post here is of some use

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 03:16 PM UTC
Okay...I think I figured out this mystery.

At some point I had changed a setting in the gallery to make URL's "search engine friendly". This changed the URL in a way that it was obviously bypassing the normal page-wrapper and causing the cookie to get nixed.

All fixed now. I didn't really want the search engines scouring the gallery anyways. Way too much bandwidth for that.

Let me know if you see that happen again though.

Cheers,
Jim
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2004 - 05:18 PM UTC
thanks Jim
 _GOTOTOP