Armor kits for sale by poster.
Scorpion Miniature Models - Scorpion Backdate
mshackleton
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 559 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2016 - 03:20 AM UTC
I would like to announce an off-shoot of Leopard Club. Scorpion Miniature Models has been set up to retail mainly British Cold-War military vehicles. We have a co-operation with HKCW who are starting to release a series of kits produced in co-operation with SMM.

From HKCW, the first two sets are:

CK3503 is a conversion set to back-date the CVR(T), FV101 Scorpion or Scimitar (AF35S02 or AF35013) from the respective AFV Club kit, to their very early stage of service. This includes the wading screen, the front mudguard and, most importantly, the early-pattern bolted forward engine deck. Also included are the early three-barrel smoke dischargers, early suspension/idlers/sprockets, and many others.

This conversion set is in response to many modellers who have sought to build the original Scorpion when it first entered service – or at the very early stages of its service life. This is a straight-forward conversion, with the exception of the early pattern forward engine deck (replacement) as only the forward panel is provided. The most important thinking behind this is the fact that a larger piece of resin (a complete replacement hull top) might warp, and also the cost of the conversion was an important consideration.

HKCW 3501 is a decal sheet to supplement the one provided in the AFV Club kit (AF35S02) to provide markings for Scorpions stationed in Hong Kong in the 1970s. This is particularly suitable for use on CK3503 mentioned above.

See more here: http://www.scorpion-miniature-models.co.uk/ and here: https://www.facebook.com/ScorpionMiniatureModels/

Keep on Leopard modelling - and Scorpions:-)
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2016 - 04:19 AM UTC
Nice. I'm assuming somewhat inspired by the Airwaves early conversions which are OOP. That resin front deck looks nicer than the white metal one I've got.
 _GOTOTOP