_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling Questions?
Ask your modeling related questions here.
Referance material for a beginner
Elwood85
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 12:31 AM UTC
Can anybody help me with a little advise in where to find referance material for a beginner. Ive read thru a lot of the forum and seem to be getting mixed up on some of the terms as such. Idealy I like to find a book or guide to a model suitable for a beginner that would lay out the best path and practice to complete it to a reasonable standard. Im not bothered what the model would be as I think most of the skills I hope to learn would transfer to other models. Any help on this would be great.

Thanks
Dave
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 01:31 AM UTC
Dave, Osprey do a series of books that aim to help the modeller from beginner to the advanced on general through to books on a particular subject, they may be a start.

Bare in mind that although 98% of skills do indeed cover most subjects there are a few skills that only work with armour, aircraft or ships, most is to do with the paint/build sequence.
Elwood85
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 03:05 AM UTC
Thanks for that, I'll look into the books, I find it hard to follow guides on the PC, theres just to many distractions.
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 1,288 Posts
KitMaker Network: 337 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 01:51 PM UTC
If you are interested in armour, these two volumes from Adam Wilder are surely worth:

http://armorama.com/review/11768

http://armorama.com/review/11784
 _GOTOTOP