_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
New member from wet & windy UK
Elwood85
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 - 05:05 AM UTC
After lurking and reading posts for some time it finaly time to join and introduce myself.
A little about me, I enjoyed modeling when I was a kid. I built loads of models in many diffrent scales, although most would have been compleated in a afternoon (including paint over still wet glue) to a low standard because I never had any patience. I dont think I will be the only one who had that problem?
I decided to start modeling again now to try to improve my dexterity, due to a bad accident a few years ago Ive lost a lot movement & sensation in my right arm from my shoulder to the tips of the fingers. I had several opps to improve things and Im at a stage now where what Ive got is about as good as it will get.
I have a few other hobbies including keeping tropical fish & field target shooting although I dont do much of the latter due to the above. Ive always enjoyed history and building things, I even enjoy pulling things apart (suppose I could work on putting them back together but Id never have enough time).
For a job I design tooling, mainly injection & blow mould tools, along with jigs and fixtures and anything else in between.
I think Ive covered enough about me with this, if anyone wants to ask anything else feel free. In the meantime I'll be heading back to the forums and wealth of imformation and amaze myself with the skills on show.
Thanks for having me here,
DAVE
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 - 05:34 AM UTC
Welcome Dave to the kitmaker Network, there's a wealth of information and the people are friendly so if you have questions ask away.

Don't forget to pop over the the British Bulldogs part of the network and say hi (click on the crest in my header, or go to the top left corner of the page where it says 'Browse sites' then click British Bulldogs).

Oh what do you like to build?
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 - 11:42 AM UTC
Welcome to the Network Dave and I hope you feel at home.
Elwood85
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 - 02:28 PM UTC
Thanks gents, Im enjoying being here already, spent most of last night till the early hours reading thru the forum. Im open at the moment with what Im thinking of building but Ive always liked WW2 armour. I dont think Id build much stuff from 1980s on, but never say never. Looking at what scale would be best for me Im thinking 1/35 there seems to be more choices available.
PRH001
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 64 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 - 09:45 PM UTC
Welcome!
 _GOTOTOP