_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Is Castoff the new Cromwell models?
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 - 02:51 AM UTC
Placed an order with Castoff right at the beginning of the year and paid via Paypal, however I have not received what I ordered nor do they answer phone calls or emails. Even if the items ordered are taking time to cast etc I would expect my calls / emails to be answered. The link I made with Cromwell is two fold as some of the conversions on sale by Castoff are ex-Cromwell molds.

This has unfortunately led me to use the Paypal resolution service.
Jaberwocky61
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 32 Posts
KitMaker Network: 24 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 - 11:09 PM UTC
I heard he would be taking on Cromwells molds but also could obtain the kits which would have been a step forwards. Emailed him about the Mastiff but no reply so I think the answer is yes to your question.
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,112 Posts
KitMaker Network: 126 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 01:33 PM UTC
The owner (and sole member of staff) is taking some time off due to illness, which was only recently diagnosed. There was a post about it last year, either here or on ML. I'm therefore not surprised that emails are not being responded to. I have no reason to believe that there is any reason other than this behind the lack of response but it would admittedly be helpful if he were using an out of office message so that emails at least received some response but he may have overlooked that in the circumstances.

While this doesn't help your financial position, I hope that PayPal sorts out your refund.
Jaberwocky61
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 01:44 PM UTC
If there are genuine reasons you cant trade thats totally understandable but then suspend sales on your web site until you can. Cant be that hard.
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,112 Posts
KitMaker Network: 126 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 07:30 PM UTC
I'm not disagreeing with you on that point. I have no personal knowledge of the owner's and am only reporting what I read from him. I'd assume that he would have added a notice on his website but I don't see anything there - I think the decision was rather sudden and it may be that nobody else can access it to make changes in his absence.

What I'm saying is that I have no reason to think that there is any intention to defraud customers.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 1,138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 08:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The owner (and sole member of staff) is taking some time off due to illness, which was only recently diagnosed. There was a post about it last year, either here or on ML. I'm therefore not surprised that emails are not being responded to. I have no reason to believe that there is any reason other than this behind the lack of response but it would admittedly be helpful if he were using an out of office message so that emails at least received some response but he may have overlooked that in the circumstances.

While this doesn't help your financial position, I hope that PayPal sorts out your refund.

Maybe some of the germs from the Cromwell masters survived - they cause that illness where you can process credit cards but not answer emails
Jaberwocky61
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 - 11:03 PM UTC
Have you had any luck yet regarding your order or refund?
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 - 11:52 PM UTC
The case is with Paypal, they say it can take upto 30 days!
 _GOTOTOP