_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Meng Bradley differences???
bots1141
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 11:23 PM UTC
What is the difference between the Meng M2A3 and the M3A3 besides 20 dollars? I was just wonder what makes one cost more than the other?
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 - 11:25 PM UTC
The M2A3 comes with a full interior included in the box.

The M3A3 kit does not include an interior, but a separate interior kit is available if the builder wants an interior for it. When the price of the M3A3 interior kit is added, they are roughly the same price.

Here are reviews of each showing what comes in the box:

M2A3

M3A3 and M3A3 Interior

They are also different versions.

The M2A3 is an Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV) which is an armored personnel carrier that carries infantrymen to the battlefield and has its own weapons to support them once they are on the ground.

The M3A3 is a Cavalry Fighting Vehicle (CVF) which is used by scouts. It is mainly used to scout out and destroy enemy vehicles and report back their locations. It holds more TOW missile rounds stored inside and only two troopers as observers in the rear.

They also have different levels of ERA (Explosive Reactive armor) blocks on them and the M2A3 has parts for A/C units on the rear, where the M3A3 has standard storage boxes on the rear.

bots1141
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 - 01:47 AM UTC
Thanks! Just what i needed to know! I usually don't build the interior anyway so i'll save money by getting the M3A3.
 _GOTOTOP