_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Something of serious concern.
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 2,210 Posts
KitMaker Network: 345 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 12:07 AM UTC
Ok, I hate to bring this up this way but I need to. On December 16, I was contacted by a guy named Bryan, username: AH3000mk1, calling himself Carl from 3D ModelParts. He offered me a set, free of charge, of the new 6in turrets that they're making for the Brooklyn/Cleveland class cruisers. Now I was slightly suspicious of this, not that I doubted who he was but I wasn't sure if it was FOC. But I accepted it, not being one to turn down something that I could get for free when it's something I want and could use. So the next message he sent me said that he would drop a set in mail. That was December 27. He has since stopped responding to my messages and I feel as though I have been had. It's been almost a month... I'm not so concerned that I can't get this set, I'll buy it anyway eventually, but I'm more concerned if he was impersonating someone from the 3D ModelParts company. If he is then that is a pretty serious problem. He might've just played a joke on me by getting my hopes up for a "free" set. It might not be free for someone else.

Now Bryan, or Carl, if you really are from 3D ModelParts and if you really did get this I'm the mail, I apologize. But you need to read your messages more. I've sent between 2 and 4 between your last message and today.
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
entire network: 3,212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 250 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 02:04 PM UTC
I hope all he got from you was a real-world address?
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2016 - 10:14 PM UTC
Yeah that's all.
MikeyBugs95
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 10:02 PM UTC
I feel like I must apologize and retract what I said. I received the set in question last night.
 _GOTOTOP