_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
On customer service.......
tcomca
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 56 Posts
KitMaker Network: 18 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 09:10 PM UTC
Good morning,

Recently I had to contact MiniArt regarding a badly molded sprue in a German Artillery Crew kit. This is not a big dollar kit.

MiniArts' website has a contact email. I emailed them describing the problem including my contact information and address.

The following afternoon I received an email from Alina at MiniArt stating she would replace the sprue and ship it the following day. No hoops to jump through, no proof of purchase, no photos, just "we'll fix the problem." A week and a half later (Kiev to Nor Ca.) I received the packet.

Very cool.

Tony

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 09:17 PM UTC
That's good to hear. Already in my stash are a few of MiniArt's figures and I agree about the detail. I plan on purchasing their T-44, when it is released. No doubt the carpet monster will require its sacrifice.
tcomca
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 56 Posts
KitMaker Network: 18 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 09:41 PM UTC
Hi Matt,

Yeah I saw pictures of the completed kit on their website and it's pretty impressive.

I built a couple of MiniArts' trucks. Assembling the suspensions on the A's and AAA's definitely teaches patience and humility.

I just completed the Trumpeter Begepanzer IV but lost a couple of key parts for the jib boom and legs so I have to display it it the stowed position. Arggggggg. I have a hard plastic runner under the chair and into the knee well of the desk, but they must have bounced and buried themselves in the carpet or gone down the heater vent at the back of the kneewell.

I emailed Trumpeter, waited for a response only to find that the kit was discontinued and no replacements are available.

....on to another project. MiniArts' Euro railway tram maybe? No way, not even in a Jack Black fueled dream.

Tony

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 11:24 PM UTC
Beware of their painting instructions. On two different sets of WWII US troops, it called for dark grey uniforms. Not a major issue, in that case; but may cause some confusion with vehicles.
 _GOTOTOP