_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi from blighty
Jaberwocky61
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 32 Posts
KitMaker Network: 24 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 - 12:52 AM UTC
A quick hi to you all out there in model making land.
Am in the south east of the UK and just getting back in to model making after a lengthy break. Main interest is AFV's and in the past it's been WW2 Axis machines but not exclusively.
Just coming to an end building my first one in many years and that's the Takom British WW1 MK IV but with a difference
Will have a browse through the catagories and see if there is somewhere suitable for pics of it.
GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 4,648 Posts
KitMaker Network: 189 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 - 01:28 AM UTC
Welcome back to the hobby, and to the forum, Ian.
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 - 02:26 AM UTC
Ian welcome back to the hobby and to the Kitmaker network, lots of friendly and knowledgeable people on here in what ever genre you model in.

There is also a British part of the network just click on the shield in my header and it will take you there.
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 06:17 PM UTC
Hi Ian,

Welcome back to the fold!

Not sure if it's your cuppa, but there are lots of clubs in the SE if you want to fraternise with other hobbyists. My own club is the Essex branch of MAFVA - meets first Tuesday evening of the month in Hornchurch. Most of the clubs are great places to pick up tips and get reference info from "old hands", and of course there's quite an active show circuit if you want to see model exhibits and buy stuff...

Regards,
Tom
Jaberwocky61
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 32 Posts
KitMaker Network: 24 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 09:09 PM UTC
Thanks guys, will take a look at the UK section, cheers
I have joined a local club based in Medway Kent and will certainly be looking to get to some shows and I think the first will be the On Track one in Feb.
 _GOTOTOP