_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Best kit of 2015
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 03:57 AM UTC
I'm a volunteer at WMSE, 91.7 on the dial, a college radio station run by mostly volunteers. Anyway, at the end of every year the staff votes for their 5 favorite albums that were released in 2015.
My twist on this theme is what was your favorite kit or kits released in 2015. Scale, ship, aircraft, armour, automobile, sci-fi, figure, ANYTHING !
My picks are :Hobby Boss's Schneider CA-Armored. Gotta qualify this one. It's been the only 2015 kit that has made it to my bench so far. I've only completed the running gear so far. It's a bit fiddly. I look at it as a warm up for the new Takom Mark IV, 3 in 1 kit.
So what do you all say about 2015 ?

clovis899
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 774 Posts
KitMaker Network: 127 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 10:08 PM UTC
Ivanhoe, thanks for the topic it will for sure get some controversy going!
I will add my $.02 worth; I would vote for/nominate? the new Tamiya M4A3E8 Sherman #35346. It is a kit that I believe will stand the test of time as opposed to some of the others that are only good until the next new shiny version appears. The Sherman that Tamiya has created is an easy build for beginners, has more than enough detail for an advanced modeler, and is superlatively engineered. Through in the excellent figure and you have a strong contender for the top ten, or five, or whatever.
Cheers,
Rick
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:23 PM UTC
Thanks for the responses guys ! FW, I received the Bovington Tiger for Christmas. It caused me to resurrect my half finished Tiger Late, #6253 and play around with some aftermarket Zimmerit. I am going to try and make Tamiya's embossed paper Zimm work. Homemade Zimm, @%#&*#@!!!!
Rick, I tried to give new Tamiya Sherman to myself for Christmas. The LHS sold out their initial order of 6 in 2 days ! But they promised to have a new order in first of the year and would save me one along with the new tanker figures. They also sold out their initial order of them too !
It looks like I will probably pay too much for the pair after reading some of the other posts on a different thread. But I committed.....
Have a good weekend all !
Tom
 _GOTOTOP