_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Newhie here from the Philippines!
kamadoma
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 48 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 05:42 AM UTC
Good day to all! I'm Vincent Alinan from the Philippines.

My modeling experience started with anime-based mecha such as Gundam and Zoids, but most of these were just snap-built kits. I have a handful of Zoids that I've customized and sprayed with automotive spray cans. I used to own an airbrush set several years ago and managed to complete only one Zoid model with it before I sold off the airbrush set due to other hobbies. (I collect anime figurines as well).

A year ago, I started collecting diecast models of Luftwaffe planes, and my favorite of them all is the Ju 87 Stuka. But due to costs and the difficulty of finding the models I want locally, I've decided to give model building another shot. So this Christmas season I bought my Tamiya Spraywork Airbrush and Compressor set.

My main focus would be on 1/72 scale aircraft. I don't consider myself a big aviation fan, but military planes are some of my bigger interests in life. I remember being in high school more than a decade ago, building a 1/144 Academy F-16 applying the cement right off the tube while my other classmates desired other teen series USAF fighters.

But now I'm more into the planes of WW2, particularly the Luftwaffe aircraft. I would say this was highly influenced by my love of the anime Strike Witches (it's a bit on the kinky Japanese side of things, but it makes tons of references to WWII). My aim would be to start mostly WW2 aircraft and I'm also aiming to make models of the various planes operated by my home country's air force.

Glad to be here and hoping to learn a lot from everyone and also share my completed models!
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 04:36 AM UTC
Welcome Vincent. Glad that you joined up. This is a great site with lots of helpful folks. Don't hesitate to ask any questions that you might have.

Randy
YellowHammer
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 554 Posts
KitMaker Network: 129 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 09:44 AM UTC
Hi Vincent. Welcome to the site for those perpetually afflicted with the need to work plastic, metal and resin into hopefully works of art. Or in my case, a comedy of errors! You'll find a bunch of helpful folks here with all sorts of interests so you're sure to pick up some good tips and make some new friends.
 _GOTOTOP