_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Season Greetings from Colorado!
armedmosquito
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 12:08 AM UTC
Hello and Happy Holidays to All!

My name is Isaac and I am 26 years old this January 4th. I have a passion for crafting and creating things another hobby of mine being graphic design and some freelance work with that on the PC. I also enjoy building PC's. I haven't gotten professionally before with scale modeling or airbrushed but I think its about time to join the crew! As a returning to models since my youth when I used plastic cement from tubes and messed up mostly all my models plastic by using too much!

I also do other things like go hunting occasionally, fishing, camping, love the outdoors and practicing survival techniques. In other words I like to many things.

Anyhow I got a shopping list and budget to put together to make this all work, wish me luck on the budget! Ill be getting a copy of SMA magazine soon as I can also looks interesting and I enjoy the read. Are there any other recommended magazines I should check into im turning into a nerd for this stuff so why not!

Anyhow I bring with my a new idea or at least it feels new to this scene of scale modeling but I maybe wrong and just missed some original posters after all who is ever original anymore right ;p

Check out my Grow Tent Idea for Airbrush Spraying Booth (indoor setup)
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/242554&page=1

p.s.
I bought my first model after years of leaving this all in the dust and hours of recent research on a Tamiya m4A3 Sherman 75mm Tank Kit #35250. I'm a bit out from starting due to having no equipment right now (sad face).. but soon I should have everything I need to plan the paints out and other effects you know I will try to learn. However maybe I will start some blog or something to help keep a log of my work, I will start when I get the model by just figuring out the entire build process ahead of time and learn when I should or shouldn't glue parts together etc.

All in all I might not come out with the best but I will give it my best and in doing so I hope to start learning what it takes to get better!
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 - 07:22 PM UTC
Welcome Isaac from your neighbor to the north. Glad that you joined up. This is a great site with lots of helpful folks. Don't ever hesitate to ask any questions that you might have. There is a great wealth of knowledge here among the members and we are glad help when and where we can. Everyone here is at different levels with their skills. I think that my skills suck at best but I enjoy the hobby and have fun with it. Just remember that you are here for your interests and enjoyment....not for others. A good place to get started to receive help and suggestions would be to join one of the many campaigns taking place that has a subject that interests you. Most of them require the participants to post in-progress photos of their entries and that is when people can offer tips and recommendations for your build. It is also a good way to make some modeling friends. Just a thought anyway. Have fun and enjoy yourself.

See you in forums.

Randy
armedmosquito
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 01:42 AM UTC
Thanks Randy

I appreciate that reply Randy, thanks helps lead me in the right direction as I am certainly new to these types of community's. I think I will check into campaigns for sure that sounds like what I need not to win but to encourage me to try harder constantly.. many thanks for welcoming me here I really look forward to setting up my work space for one and sharing it with people who care ;p and so on..

anyhow many thanks glad to be here!
 _GOTOTOP